I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU
WHY DO I LOVE YOU ?
I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU
WHY DO I LOVE YOU ?
Three Days Grace
is the debut studio album
by the Canadian
rock band
released on
July 22, 2003,
through Jive Records.
It was the band's
only album as a trio.
Produced by
Gavin Brown,
the album achieved
commercial success,
peaking at number 9
on the Canadian
Albums Chart
and number 69
on the Billboard 200.
It received a
Gold certification
in New Zealand,
a Platinum in Canada
and triple-Platinum status
in the United States.
Background and writing
Prior to being named
Three Days Grace,
the band was known as
Groundswell.
They became acquainted with
local producer
Gavin Brown
and gave him
several years' worth
of material which
they had created.
Working with the group,
Brown said,
"It was really about being
in the right place
at the right time.
You try to do all the
right things day-in and day-out
and be dedicated
to the craft,
but when it's
all said and done
the final element is luck."
The band garnered the attention
of many record labels
after the release
of their demo,
largely due to the song,
"I Hate Everything About You".
Eventually,
Three Days Grace
signed with Jive
and began recording
their debut album
in Massachusetts.
The single
"I Hate Everything About You"
was released in promotion
for the album.
According to drummer
Neil Sanderson,
the album's material comes
from the
"crazy things"
the group had
seen growing up.
Singer
Adam Gontier stated,
"I don't find it easy to
write about happy shit.
You don't need a release
when you're happy."
The group completed
half of the album at
Long View Farm
in North Brookfield,
Massachusetts,
while the rest was done at
Bearsville Studios
in Bearsville, New York.
The album's theme deals with
"growing up in a small town,
being bullied around
and everybody
knowing your business."
The band began touring with
Trapt in July 2003,
in support of the album.
During this tour,
the group added
a new member,
guitarist
Barry Stock,
who joined the band
after they held auditions
for another guitarist.
The group later joined
Nickelback on
The Long Road Tour
throughout
October and November 2003.
The band embarked
on a headlining tour
called the
Three Days Grace
World Tour in 2004.
They also supported
Evanescence on a
North American tour
in July 2004
and Hoobastank
on the Let it Out Tour
in November 2004.
In October 2004,
the band re-released
their debut album
with a bonus DVD
that contained,
music videos
of their singles,
behind the scenes videos,
backstage footage
and concert clips
shot in Brazil


No comments:
Post a Comment