Mudvayne : L.D.50





I WILL CRUCIFY MY OWN BEING
SATISFY SELFISH NEEDS
FUCK THE DEITIES
JUSTIFY MY OWN RIGHT
TO WHAT'S WAITING FOR ME

ON THE OTHER SIDE
THE TIME HAS COME
LOCK AND LOAD

I'M COMING

 (I'M COMING)

I'M COMING

 (I'M COMING)

I'M COMING

(I'M COMING)

I'M COMING HOME

 L.D. 50

is the debut 

studio album

 by American 

heavy metal band

Mudvayne 

Released on 

August 22, 2000, 

it is the band's 

first release

 on Epic Records

following the

 independently-released 

extended play

Kill, I Oughtta

The album was 

co-produced by 

Garth Richardson

and 

Mudvayne, 

and 

executive produced

 by 

Steve Richards 

and 

Slipknot member

Shawn "Clown" Crahan.

The band's elaborate 

visual appearance 

resulted in 

increased recognition 

of the band, 

and 

L.D. 50 

peaked at No. 85 

on the 

Billboard 200

While initially receiving

 mixed reviews

 from critics on release, 

the album would gain

 praise over time for 

its technical 

and heavy style 

of music.

In 2018, 

readers of 

Revolver 

voted it as the 

fourth-greatest

 nu metal album

 of all time.

In 2021,

 the staff of

Revolver

included the album

 in their list of the

 "20 Essential Nu-Metal Albums".

 In 2022, 

Eli Enis of 

Revolver 

included the song 

"Internal Primates Forever"

 in his list of the

 "10 Heaviest Nu-Metal Songs of All Time".

Background and production 

Mudvayne

formed in 1996

 in Peoria, Illinois. 

The band became 

known for its 

strong visual appearance, 

which included 

horror film-styled makeup.

After independently releasing 

their debut extended play, 

Kill, I Oughtta

the band signed to

 No-Name/Epic Records. 

L.D. 50

was produced by 

Garth "GGGarth" Richardson 

and executive produced by

 Steve Richards 

and Slipknot member

Shawn "Clown" Crahan. 

Epic Records initially 

chose to promote the band

 without focusing on

 its appearance 

and early 

promotional materials

 featured a logo

 instead of photographs 

of the band.

 However, 

the band's appearance 

and music videos 

increased recognition 

of the album.

 According to the band, 

the production of the album

 was very hectic. 

Drummer 

Matthew McDonough reflected, 

"We worked around the clock, 

and some of the engineers

 we had with us literally 

went for days

 with-out sleep. 

It was very, very

 time-intensive. 

We didn't party. 

We were recording

 in Vancouver 

but didn't get to see

 the town-we were 

just there and we worked 

and that was it. 

It was very intense, 

and Garth ran a tight ship." 

Singer 

Chad Gray recalled, 

"Making the record was crazy. 

It was all about work.

 There were songs

 I left alone and didn't mess with

 until we were in the studio, 

which was not a smart idea 

considering the time 

and budget constraints

 we were under.

 I wrote

 'Pharmaecopia' 

and

 'Nothing To Gein' 

on our last night

 in the studio, 

before the tapes 

were sent to New York 

to be mixed.

 The pres-sure [sic] was insane."

Music and lyrics

L.D. 50 features a

 technical style of music 

which has been referred

 to by the band as

 "math metal", 

NEW LINK

No comments:

FEATURED POST

Disturbed : Inside the Fire (Japan Greatest Hits)

  FIRE FOR YOUR DESIRE AS SHE BEGINS  TO TURN COLD FOR THE FINAL TIME

MOST POPULAR POSTS OF ALL TIME

Free Flaming Skull 2 Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com